Thursday 23 August 2012

Pride

I write this with a dim outlook. Withholding a dint in my armor... A loss of Pride. This brought about by hearing the opinions from those who's opinions I value, consider, use. When these go against the very thing I pride myself on, the things I consider separates me from the rest, the unique quality I poses. When this is considered by my friends and teachers to be false it feels devastating. In this instance the subject matter is my writing abilities. In other cases similar occurrences took place about matters such as my cricket skills, what i somewhat arrogantly deemed my Table Tennis prowess. Still this caused great disappointment and lack of self esteem.

 As all this is coming from the same people the simple answer would be too distance myself from the"haters". But in this particular case its not so easy. My friends are the only people who will put up with me and it is a tremendously difficult task to find anyone else willing to do the same. As for the case of my teachers... I have no control over... To achieve any kind of success in what I want to do in life must impress them first.

I keep telling myself to rise above all that, take pride in my opinion. The problem is the higher my pride goes, the further it can fall down.


No comments:

Post a Comment